Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Fall's Last Stand

Last week we were strolling along on the way to the library and I beheld a thing of beauty. A leaf pile so big I couldn't have lived with myself if, as a mother, I did not immediately throw myself and my child into it.


After a good ten or fifteen minutes of general frivolity and leaves in every possible crevice we brushed ourselves off, tidied the pile to its original footprint and looked up to see the workmen who had created it smiling at us from their truck. I guess their lunch break was over.
No regrets here!

4 comments:

Suzi said...

That looked like so much fun! I just love fall. Linus is so adorable!!!

Casey * Haley * Avery * Owen said...

Marie, I love the pictures. I wish we were playing in leaves. It is snowing like crazy in Minnesota. We sure miss you guys. Linus is still a handsome devil. Love the Bachisons... conquering Detroit & Saint Paul.

The Nielsen Family said...

What spontaniety (sp?)! I think the workers were just checking you out. :)

Jeanne said...

That looks like my front lawn. We have 3 maples and it is good because I don't know if I would stop to jump in, unless we were already there. You are a good mom!