Every kid (whether they are named Linus or not) needs to get to the pumpkin patch at least once in their life. Even if they don't see The Great Pumpkin.
We even had the good fortune to have our visit be to a local farm . We've been twice now, and on the first of the trip I even remembered to take the camera!
First, we rode on a tractor trailer (heaven on earth for a 3 year old) along the farm road to the patch. We had the whole thing to ourselves!
Anyway, the patch had been -ahem- "augmented" a bit to help it recover from the previous weekend's masses, so there were loose gourds-a-plenty to chose from. There were pumpkin vines growing from the ground in spots, so at least at SOME point there were pumpkins actually growing there (or trying). Linus noted nothing unnatural about the set-up and enthusiastically picked up dozens of different ones before settling on the chosen few.
After the arduous task of harvesting, it was time for the return ride back down to the main part of the farm.
You had to keep a TIGHT hold on your cargo. If you let go, Linus would remind you to HOLD THEM TIGHT!
Linus has loved going to farms since he was tiny and it really is such a natural setting for him. There were several spontaneous "I LOVE this place!" statements from him.
We will continue to head back to the farm as often as we can, though I can't promise to always remember the camera.
Every kid should have at least forty acres.
We will continue to head back to the farm as often as we can, though I can't promise to always remember the camera.
Every kid should have at least forty acres.
7 comments:
How fun! We also ventured to a pumpkin patch but my camera died. There is something magical about a pumpkin patch. Love the pictures. Thanks for sharing!
I love seeing Linus's big smiles!! It is so cute. You do indeed need to purchase some acreage someday. :)
Tell you what, you let us play on your farm, and we'll let you stay at our Last Days Inn.
Oh, I see. Now there are CONDITIONS to our reservation at the Last Days Inn. Hmph. Tell YOU what - you pledge to help me care for 40 acres while our husbands are working and we'll call it a deal.
;)
Linus in the Great Pumpkin patch...now that IS fun stuff! Can't believe that little guy is so big! Ya'll look great! (Don't know why I feel the need to type in Texan)
I don't know if I have mentioned this, but some day I am going to have a pumpkin farm... but I am not sure when because right now my back yard only accommodates the width of a trampoline, plus a little extra.
Beautiful pictures, I am glad you remembered your camera.
Beautiful pictures! The scenery is gorgeous, and Linus is a cutie! I wish our kids each had 40 acres to play in too.
Linus is so big!! And absolutely darling. I love fall colors -- gorgeous pics.
Post a Comment