Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Victory is MINE

Pardon another non-Linus post. Some things just have to be bragged about.

We moved into our house three years ago. This room had been taunting me in technicolor ever since. It looked like a Disney Princess puked Exorcist-style all over the walls. Yes, those walls WERE four different hues of hideous. And there was a big hole under the window of the purplish wall (don't ask, lower right corner of window - partially obscured) that I had "sealed" up with plastic wrap and duct tape to block the drafts. I know, you'd think it was a single-wide.
Anyway...

I didn't get any truly "before" before pics, but I think the midway-through pics are bad enough.

Turns out all I needed was to reach the boiling point with disgust (and a built in babysitter - thanks mom - and a little extra incentive to tackle it -more house guests!). I got done just in time. I have no idea how we lived with it like that for so long. Oh wait, yes I do. We used it as an office, ignored it as much as possible, and never let anyone in there to see it.

Soooo... a laborious patch job and two coats each of primer and paint on every surface and I think it makes an acceptable guest room.


Dang, I wish I had better "after" pictures. Oh well. Maybe later.

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Wow! I am pretty jealous. My living room has been waiting 3 years to not be Burrow (A peachy orange color) but I haven't been able to get it done. I soo bad want to before Christmas. Good job!

The Nielsen Family said...

Nice job Marie!! Looking good!! Now here's to hoping you will get it all back in re-sale value...yeah right!

Maryanne said...

Hey it looks great! I have yet to paint over the special feathering technique the previous owners did in mauve in what is our kids room. It's awful. If only I could blcok out all the work each of our other painting projects has been. :)

Dina C said...

We have a room with crazy stripes walls. Come help. I will babysit while you and Richy ski! Tempting, yes??