We purchased "The Silver Bullet" in November in anticipation of the first usable snow. After a couple of weeks of the sleek slider of superbitude biding time in the basement, the snow finally came and it was the Silver Bullet's shining moment in the snow. We were on the hill by 9 am with a wind chill of 9 degrees - we were not to be daunted!
Linus eventually tired of hiking up and down but he was a good sport and dinked around in the snow as Richy and I kept pushing the envelope of what was possible on our neighborhood slope. We discovered a jump on the back side of the hill crafted from a log and a board. Clearly the work of a structural engineer (of the highest caliber the 8th grade can offer, I'm sure). I, being the intrepid if not impulsive adventurer I am, immediately lined up the bullet to deliver a straight shot to the launching board. It wasn't until the last split second that I reconsidered, let out an expletive I have not released in quite some time, and realized it was too late to abort the mission. Let me just say "ouch" and I wish Richy had been filming because it was impressive. Then it was his turn:
That last movie of Richy doing the jump (don't worry -he's fine....now) was the final voyage for the Silver Bullet. It just couldn't handle two nutty grown-ups squeezing into it and launching off of a make-shift jump (well, let's get real, it couldn't handle the landing).
Anyway, it's been a couple of weeks and we now own "The Silver Bullet II". It got Christened this last weekend - and survived!- but the camera was left at home.
9 comments:
Those are some great hills you have there. How did you get that video of you to go so fast?
Yeah... about that "film speed"...NO IDEA how or what that was all about.
But apparently we were HAULIN'!
Fun clips. I keep thinking we should take Lilly sledding but I hate the cold. It looks like Linus loved it and you guys seemed to enjoy it as well!
Nice jumps! What hill are you on? We went in our back yard this afternoon, it was just enough for Caleb. The rest of us thought it was a little lame. :) We will definately go together sometime before the season is over.
Love the videos of you all sledding. Looks like the Silver Bullet can really rip! Richy caught some good air on that jump...way to go man! I am impressed that he is in jeans in 9 degree weather! You guys are such a cute family! We miss you all! Oh yeah... just the other day, I got your Christmas card returned in the mail... Please send me your address... I may have it typed wrong in my address book. I am sorry... It was mailed a few weeks before Christmas. I will resend it to you! Take Care!
Allison -
That was just over at the playground. The "jump" part of the hill was the backside over by the woods. It doesn't matter so much that it isn't mowed when it's covered by snow. You just have to be able to put the brakes on before you shoot right INTO the woods*.
*A disagreement over the exact composition of the ground in the thicket may or may not be part of what killed the Silver Bullet (depending on who you ask). For the record, I believe the need to find out first hand was a very powerful contributing factor in the sled's demise.
You are brave!!! Sadly, there is no sledding to be found in Texas... looks like so much fun! We miss you guys and that cute Linus! What a cute kid!
I just bought Ella a snowsuit (used, of course) for our trip to Utah. It hadn't dawned on me we could go sledding! Yeay! She'll love it.
SO much fun! I love the fast motioned one. I also love that you can hear Richy all the way down the hill! Go silver bullet, go!
Post a Comment