Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Ice Ice Baby

No, nobody is talking about any actual babies. Relax. I just couldn't help but pay homage to Vanilla Ice in this post's title. Now that that's clear...

A week or two ago we got snow and then a few doses of freezing rain and ice.
After I chipped through the layer on the main walkway, I put down the shovel and grabbed the camera. In case you're curious as to what a layer of ice on stuff looks and sounds like...

Here's our Holly Bush - glazed.







And here's Linus taking in the great crunching and tromping opportunities.

The scrunch scrunch scrunch noises were too good not to get a quick movie. Toward the end when he is "trucking", note his arm up - that is his exhaust pipe.






So there it is. I documented the ice. Now that I've done that I feel like we can be through with ice. I've given ice it's due and now I'm declaring that I am over it. I slipped on the driveway ice this morning and my landing hurt. So to channel a favorite Disney quote I say, "Be GONE cold, one!"
Spring? Anyone?

2 comments:

The Nielsen Family said...

That snow/ ice storm was so cool. I too loved trucking around in it to hear the scrunch scrunch. Good thing Linus had his hard hat on, you can never be too careful when walking on ice.

Krista Lou Cook said...

Yep , Bring on the spring!!!!